Black to Brown
Change tone by adding an acid (lemon juice) or base (baking soda).
Reminder: It takes a lot of color to turn white icing black!
THESE CONCENTRATED LIQUID COLORS ARE:
CHOOSE INDIVIDUAL 1/2 OZ, 2 OZ or 4 OZ
- Ready to use. Incorporates easily into water based liquid, cream, icing.
- May be blended with other liquid or powdered colors water based colors.
- Made in the US from plant products
- Vegan, non-GMO and do not contain gluten, wheat, soy or dairy.
- Good up to six months (varies with color) refrigerated.
PICTURE IS OF COLOR USED IN THREE ICINGS:
- 1/2 oz bottle is about 1 Tbsp or 12 drops, 1/4 tsp each.
- Royal Icing (egg white and sugar- low acid)
- Buttercream (butter, egg white-moderately acid)
- Cream Cheese (sugar, butter, cream cheese-most acid)
- Another option for the most intense color: use our vegetable paints to brighten the surface of your design.
Cabbage juice, Class A caramel (from sucrose), palm plant glycerine. Vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO. Does not contain dairy or soy.
- Milk: NO
- Eggs: NO
- Peanuts: NO
- Tree nuts: NO
- Fish :NO
- Shellfish: NO
- Soy: NO
- Wheat: NO
- Gluten: NO
Use and Storage
USE: Color made from cabbage changes color when added to different products and with acid ingredients. Add directly to creams and icings to create the color desired. For brighter or varied tones blend with other liquid or powdered colors.
STORAGE: Keep refrigerated up to 6 months. To ensure longest storage they may be frozen (use extreme care if bottled in glass). Keep dropper tip or container and cover clean and uncontaminated for longest shelf life. Each color has different qualities, similar to the vegetables they are made from. Beet and cabbage may mold over time, or if not refrigerated, while turmeric and annatto will last a long time. Think of them as vegetable juices!